acer travelmate ferrari 3000

kevvyb 21:17 18 Jan 04

Thinking about purchasing on of these notesbooks.

Does anyone have any experience of this model and/or Acer notebooks in particular.....good or bad?

MrAnderson 23:07 19 Jan 04

I have been looking at this one as the spec seems very good for the price.

However I have no personnal experiance of them.

Be interesting to see if you get a reply

Stuartli 17:37 20 Jan 04

It's a very classy looking piece of kit and Acer has a good name - in fact I'm sure it also produces models for other companies who rebrand them under their own name.

sarah01 22:33 20 Jan 04

I have had an acer notebook for the past year and really like it. I too have seen the pics and spec for this ferrari notebook, and would buy it if I had the money ( mind you, I am huge ferrari fan, so maybe I'm biased!! )

Djohn 03:22 22 Jan 04

Check out the specification first very carefully. I think there was a thread the other day saying the native resolution is very high, therefore making the display small and difficult to read.

TFT's can work at a different resolution, but the display does suffer if you move off the native one for the screen size.

Can't remember what it is for the Ferrari 3000 but other laptops with the same 15" display are set to 1024x768 and this is a comfortable size to work with. j.

Djohn 03:25 22 Jan 04

click here 1400x1050 resolution and very hard to see for this person. j.

kevvyb 19:12 22 Jan 04

Thansk all and thanks for that note of warning Djohn. Have fired off an email to check out one or two things with the various ads I have seen as well as the screen resolution.

Will post back when I get the reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…