Acer TFT monitors

jarani 22:08 09 Dec 03

I want to buy Acer TFT monitor AL1721M - any god / adverse comments on Acer or their TFT monitors please ? - they do not appear in many reviews nor seem to win any recommendations - makes me feel nervous - help please - jarani

Stuartli 08:45 10 Dec 03

There doesn't seem to be a flood of reviews...:-)

Strangely amazon.co.uk states on its website that it is now too late for delivery by Christmas - not much business acumen around there then.

Just for interest, bigpockets click here has just started offering 15in TFTs from Compaq and NEC today at just under £150 - normally price includes delivery.

I'm sure that a Compaq TFT will be of particularly good quality although, of course, a smaller screen size than you seem to require.

Stuartli 08:47 10 Dec 03

Acer is a well known brand and is particularly noted for its laptops - it also rebadges these for other manufacturers.

igr 00:08 11 Dec 03

I bought an Acer AL732 (renumbered to something like yours specimen I Think). Mine has built in speakers Brilliant design and good looks in metallic silver. Works exceptionally well - although I prefer it in 1024 x 768 @ 75 hz resolution for day to day use. At a click of a switch you can change it up to 1600 x 1200 (or down)depending on your graphics card and it shows its paces. Doddle to set up and a 3 year warranty. Shop around for best prices.

Stuartli 09:14 11 Dec 03

Further to earlier comment - I have seen an Acer system on show in Staples with its own 15in TFT monitor and I recall the display being very clear, bright and with excellent colour.

maby66 13:59 12 Dec 03

Acer AL1731 user here.
Excellent monitor - multiple inputs (DVI, Analogue D-sub, S-VHS and one more (trying to remember off top of head)
Supplied with all cables (some manufacturers do not include DVI cable)
Extremely sharp, bright.
20ms response time on a Hynix TFT panel, as used in many other leading units.
Built in speakers, thin aluminium bezel, sturdy aluminium stand.
1 dead sub pixel on delivery, permanetly on green, not noticeable really.
Acer dead pixel warranty is 3 or more and you get it replaced.
I spent a lot of time looking in to TFT's and this is one of the better ones.

west highland way 19:35 12 Dec 03

Rob a building society and by a 20" from Apple. Absolutely brilliant for watching dvd's. You'd think that you were in a cinema.
P.S. Joking about the robbery!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…