Acer Repairs-Anyone had good experience?

Stuart-268778 11:17 16 Sep 06

As I posted recently my Acer Aspire 5002LM has a fault on the screen-a magenta line running top to bottom 2cm from the right hand edge. Contacted Acer and they gave me a number to ring to arrange for collection so they can inspect it.
Having read other posts regarding their customer service I'm now quite worried about doing this-has anyone had any good service from Acer they'd like to share to ease my fears?

spuds 19:24 16 Sep 06

Most of the forums that I have read, always seems to say that Acer's are very good, but it is the third party repair company that seem to provide a not to good service.

If the laptop is still less than twelve months old, then remember the onus is on the retailer to sort out any problems.

Sorry for not being more helpful in reducing your fears.But people that I know who have Acer's, are very satisfied with the product's, but they have never had need to seek any repairs or after service care yet.

sean-278262 21:33 16 Sep 06

Go to the retailer about it as spuds says. I went to acer for my 3023wlmi and it took them 3 weeks and they even managed to send it to the wrong address. Nice worldwide cover when they send it back to the place they collected it from. Luckily it was family I was staying at and not a hotel! Made worse by the fact that they were given implicit instructions to send it back to my home address in the UK.

Stuart-268778 23:45 16 Sep 06

thanks for your replies,unfortunately my laptop is about 13months old-typical really!Think I will contact the retailer (click here) though and see what they have to say

spuds 23:56 16 Sep 06

With certain product's, consumer law allows up to 6 years. Perhaps your laptop computer may come under this category. Might be an idea to check with Consumer Direct click here or your local trading standards office.

DrScott 14:58 18 Sep 06

service is universally rubbish in my experience. My first laptop from them took around 8 weeks to be returned because of a 'backlog', and a recent laptop was DOA with a broken CPU fan, and took over a week to get it replaced - note replaced, not a new laptop in its place. I'm afraid Acer is notorious for poor customer service.

You may, however, get lucky.

Noldi 20:39 19 Sep 06

I have 2 Acer laptops, one has been repaired twice under guarantee, first had a new motherboard second new DVD drive and screen, both repairs without question and returned on a reasonable time scale.

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…