Acer repair

dms_05 10:06 12 Jun 08

I managed to mess up my 6 month old Acers hard disk whilst trying to install Linux on an external USB 500GB HDD. I couldn't regain access to my laptop.

Monday - I called Acer at noon. They sent me an email detailing returning the laptop for repair and gave me details of their courier (DHL and Acers Contract number). I called DHL.

Tuesday - DHL collected the laptop as arranged.

Wednesday - Acer sent me an email saying the laptop had arrived.

Thursday - Acer notified me the laptop was repaired and awaiting collection by DHL

Friday - I checked the DHL Tracking site and confirmed the laptop was loaded on a van and due for delivery. It arrived about 13.00.

Well done Acer. A swift, efficient repair. Excellent communications - even a note included from the technician saying what he'd done.

xania 10:11 12 Jun 08

Service Managers are used to getting complaints - an e-mailed compliment will make their day - and well deserved!!

C3 07:38 16 Jun 08

We sell Acer laptops exclusively in our store. One of the reasons for doing that is their customer care is very good.
All the RMAs we have done for customers laptops have been completed within 10 working days. There is no argument or refusals from their people.
Bear in mind we deal with the Canadian and US customer service rather than the UK (which I'm guessing the post above is talking about) and I guess it shows that Acer worldwide actually cares about customer service!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…