ACER Repair

akzah 15:03 07 Nov 05

I have heard some good things about ACER is terms of build quailty and cheap products.

I bought a 17" TFT screen via ebuyer which was a AL715S. Great price and everything worked in July.

Couple months down the line the screen went very dark. I phoned up ACER who suggested some fixes and they did not work and they arraganed to pick it up the next day. Not bad service I would say.
However they quoted it would be a 10 day turn around time.

Though its now been 18 days and still waiting, whenever I phone I go through to there repair line which takes a while to get through and told the same thing which is they are waiting for a part and no ETA given.

I am getting fed up this, what should I do? anyone else dealt with them

spuds 21:56 07 Nov 05

If you use the forum's search facility, then you may find a number of post expressing poor Acer service.

Capred 03:20 08 Nov 05

Spuds is correct.I used the same title as you on 20/08/05.I would be interested in which company you purchased the equipment from & did you report the fault to them or direct to ACER?I needed to go through Trading Standards to get a result but it still took 2 months!Good Luck,Capred.

akzah 09:08 08 Nov 05

I bought through ebuyer but sent back to ACER as it had a 3 year warranty.

spuds 12:57 08 Nov 05

If the equipment is less than six month old, you have better consumer rights, via the original seller. After six months things change a little. Having a three year warranty doe's not give special treatment by Acer, as other forum members have suggested. Within the initial twelve month period, your first port of call should have been Ebuyer, as it is their responsibility to offer a repair,replacement or refund. Acer have no obligation to rush things through for you.

For assistance click here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…