Acer pre delivery inspection

Mike_R 13:50 09 Feb 07

I'm back yet again over this laptop for my grandchildren. I've gone back to thinking about Acer as they have an offer of £569 for a good spec 5633 (type 169). Now I'm wondering whether to pay an extra £34 for a pre delivery inspection, or is it a rip off?. I've also concluded that paying extra for a pre loaded Vista machine is not worth the expense, given that the grandchildren will not be bothered.

Jake_027 13:58 09 Feb 07

click here

And when I got the 5633 model below from them it was fine. I wouldn't bother, as if there's anything serious you'll be able to send it back under warranty anyway. It's your choice though, it could prove useful.

BTW, the Vista upgrade for that machine costs £14.14 so it might be worth getting it, vista for £15 isn't bad.

spuds 14:36 09 Feb 07

Having to pay an extra £34 for a pre-delivery inspection is nonsense, what's that going to prove, that the delivery company didn't drop the item. Your consumer rights should take care of most or all eventualities.

Mike_R 14:42 09 Feb 07

Thanks. As I thought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…