Acer Laptop Good value?

rickf 23:21 04 Jul 08

HI,
Is this good value. Thinking of buying for my son but I don't like the Vista OS. Much prefer XP.
Click here:
click here

tullie 00:24 05 Jul 08

It coul do with another gig of ram.

rickf 10:38 05 Jul 08

tullie, thanks I know that. I was wondering if anyone has experience of this laptop, build quality etc. Acer seems to be hit and miss re customer service ae well. Concerned about getting into a nightmare scenario of having to deal with an unhelpful/ unwlling customer service should things go wrong.

rickf 10:39 05 Jul 08

Also ebuyer seems to be a bit difficult these days re customer service from what I have read here.

spuds 12:12 05 Jul 08

Looking at it, I would say that it is better than the recent Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo V5535 that I purchased from Ebuyer, for about the same price. Wish I had waited now- perhaps!.

Checking the Ebuyer special offer email this week, there is an HP for a similar price, and this looks like a worthwhile option.

If you intend purchasing a laptop from Ebuyer, they usually throw in a weeks helpline-advisory technical support contact for free, excluding telephone call cost. This can be extended for an additional fee.

At the same time, it might be worth considering quickfind 124719 (bag) and/or 111436/118866 (mouse). Extra ram (1GB) at about £15.00.

But as you say, there are some good and bad reports about Acer service and customer care.

spuds 12:16 05 Jul 08

Perhaps also worth a mention, when I purchased my laptop, it came with free next day delivery. Did the deal at 7.30pm, and the goods including extras were on the doorstep next day at 10.30am.

rickf 16:24 05 Jul 08

Thanks guys for all the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now