Acer customer services very very poor

A444LAD 13:50 23 Nov 09

At the end of september my acer laptop screen started to go faulty and seeing as it was still under warranty I decided to send it off and get fixed through acer even though online when you read reviews about them everyone says how poor they are.

Anyway this is now 50 days after they received it and numerous emails from me asking what was going on and them telling me they were waiting for parts and then 2 weeks ago them emailing me saying it was fixed and would be with me within 5 working days. I phoned them up again today and now it turns out they can't fix it and they supposedly sent a new laptop on the 11th of nov and it should be here this week.

To me this makes nosense at all, my laptop is worth over £1000 and a new screen only costs £200, how does it make sense to send a new 1 instead of fixing?

Also I was wondering can they just do that, keep my laptop with all my personal information and programes etc without even asking for my permission? So now I will just have to wait and see if anything turns up, if it does it's going straight on eBay I never want to deal with acer again!!

rickf 20:30 23 Nov 09

At least you are having it replaced. I agree with you though that their CS is poor. On the one occasion I had to phoned them I was met with an operative who was seemed very reluctant to give me infomation I needed. The experience was worse than trying to pull hen's teeth. Never again.

rickf 20:31 23 Nov 09

opps!! who seemed, delete "was"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now