Acer AL1912 monitor ? Any good ?

russmini 19:25 29 Apr 05

As title says really, has any one got an Acer Al 1912 of any colour, just contemplating buying one.

If yes, your views would be appreciated.

Thankyou..

russmini 21:49 29 Apr 05

Anyone ?

russmini 22:08 30 Apr 05

Please

Come on someone must have one.

Have read some comments on other sites which seem to be complimentry, but seeing what you guys said on here, my trusted guide !!

vitrocmax 00:58 01 May 05

I think Comet might still have some of these available - my local branch was asking £199 and had one on display.

I do remember thinking that the more expensive TFTs were better, in that the pictures (all similar desktops) and text (I asked if I could compare the text and the salesman put Word up so I could type in some stuff) showed more detail and were generally cleaner and brighter.

I didn't buy any, I'm still undecided but the Acer seemed good at the price.

russmini 20:39 01 May 05

Well, more of an update really. I have gone out and bought it ! just logged onto here to see if anyone had posted but no, oh well, well what can i say.......

IT IS BIG !!!!

I'll have a look at the finer settings later, but for now.. not too bad considering it is half the price of most 19" TFT's

Diodorus Siculus 20:54 01 May 05

Like me, you are out for a bargain! Amazon have it for about £200 and again I am thinking to buy it.

edward2910 22:34 01 May 05

Hi!!!
I bought two yesterday - one for each of our PCs. 199 in Comet - you really can't go wrong. We don't play games or watch DVDs on the PC so they are ideal for our use.

Thoroughly recommend them - the auto setting works dandy, but I turned the contrast up slightlty to suit my liking.

Windows Cleartype control panel add-in is a useful piece of software to improve the font rendering in word docs.

How do you like yours?

edward2910 22:35 01 May 05

Hi!!!
I bought two yesterday - one for each of our PCs. 199 in Comet - you really can't go wrong. We don't play games or watch DVDs on the PC so they are ideal for our use.

Thoroughly recommend them - the auto setting works dandy, but I turned the contrast up slightlty to suit my liking.

Windows Cleartype control panel add-in is a useful piece of software to improve the font rendering in word docs.

How do you like yours?

russmini 10:14 02 May 05

If you are seriously thinking about buying it, i would go to Comet like edward2910 and i have done. £199 and you can take it with you there and then !

Mind you if their not out ask, cause in my local store they had not bought them down to display, just lazy i suppose !

edward2910, will take on your suggestion of Windows Cleartype. that is my only small gripe at the mo, that the text could be a little sharper, but then again as previously mentioned it was only £199 !!

What a difference from a 14" CRT, viewable 13"

SIZE DOES MATTER !!!!

russmini 18:03 02 May 05

Ok next update on this product....

Just try sitting a little farther away.. the text looks fine then !!

Must be all the days of sitting close to see the old screen properly !! haha

But just found another problem with it......

Going to have to buy a new cordless mouse now cause the cord on my mouse looks a bit naff now you can see it !!!!

Ha ha ha ha

Oh well

russmini 22:01 09 May 05

Well its been a week ish now with this, and i am happy with it. Got a wireless mouse the weekend and it has finished my desktop off a treat, all looks so neat and tidy and dare i say it.. professional !

Diodorus Siculus

If you read this what did you decide ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…