ACER

ste_bla 09:48 13 Jul 04

Bought in APRIL 2003 Acer TM 230 XC

Feb04 - Replaced K/Board (faulty)

Feb04 - (3days later) replaced HDD due to it being totally currupt (i blame them, they say coinisidence)

Warranty Ended April 2004

TODAY - HDD failed again! can do even less than last time(as in reinstalling o/s) they say i have to pay for repair etc!

I know not under warranty however a 3mnth old HDD going wrong and they expect me to pay?! how long do these people expect laptops to survive?!

Any advice?

BTW i use it for word/excel/play odd music & IE, 25hr (max) per week, never leaves house, mint condition.

ste_bla 09:56 13 Jul 04

5mnth old HDD even (sorry about spelling my laptop has the spellcheck on it!!!)

spuds 12:13 13 Jul 04

A visit to your local trading standards for further advice is needed here. A 14 month old product of this type, would still come under consumer laws.

Diodorus Siculus 12:44 13 Jul 04

They are likely to be still responsible for the repairs but maybe you will have to pay some of the costs for it. You might find it easier and cheaper (although galling) to buy a new hdd and install it yourself.

Jarvo 12:58 13 Jul 04

There is nothing like tempting fate!

No comment ;-)

Jarvo

Jarvo 19:20 14 Jul 04

sorry posted to wrong thread in error

best of luck with your problem

Jarvo

PS when I got my acer it had a two year warranty is this no longer the case?

Chris..b 11:50 03 Nov 04

They hace moved ther repair centre and told me 10 days for my laptop to be repaired....10 das later....NOTHING

There still waiting for parts and have a backlog......so good look

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…