About Companieshouse website doing a search

erkmatrix 11:56 18 May 04

I've just searched the companieshouse website to check to see if a website was run by a proper company and they are registered but it shows

Accounting Reference Date : 31/03
Last Accounts Made Up To : 31/03/2002 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
Next Accounts Due : 31/01/2004 OVERDUE
Last Return Made Up To : 17/03/2003
Next Return Due : 14/04/2004 OVERDUE

would this info make them untrusting totally as they seem to be overdue with accounts, should I stay well clear.

Phil

mdshamilton 12:54 18 May 04

I work at an investment bank and use that site all the time. From the information given, it appears that the company may be chaging their reporting period from a year end of March to December. It is not uncommon for a small company to be up to 6 months late with their accounts. I would be more concerned if they were over 12 months late.

If you are concerned, you could always ring the Company and ask to speak to the Finance Director. There may be a very valid reason the accounts are late, they may still be with the Auditors etc.

€dstowe 14:17 18 May 04

Don't put all your trust in financial returns at Companies House.

A company may have an impeccable, glowing set of figures but still be abominable to deal with. Go by other aspects as well such as their reputation amongst their customers, feedback from whoever knows them etc.

€d

spuds 15:42 18 May 04

Agree as above. The time to really worry, is if you have just made a recent purchase from the company, and the register shows 'Dissolved'.

If you require fully details of the company in question, then you can subscribe to this service. Falling that, there are other agencies that will supply this information, usually at a cost.Not cheap on an individual basis.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:17 19 May 04

Pay with a credit card and you will be OK.

G

erkmatrix 12:49 19 May 04

Thank for the help and advice, yeah I'll probs pay with my credit card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…