Abit iX38 QuadGT Motherboard

veryoldgit 15:54 08 Oct 08

I have just received this m/b from Aria.There are 2 manuals in the box 1 is the users the other is for uGuru. But there is no uGuru component in the box.There are the installation pins on the board so I would imagine there should be the modual in the package as well. So before I rma the goods could some one please tell me if it is included or not.

retep888 16:14 08 Oct 08

I used to use Abit mobo years ago but now taken over by Asus.

As far as I can remember, uGuru is just a piece of software which you can install from the mobo disk with which you can monitor your PC's hardware states as well as of course "Overclocking".

I don't know what your installation pins are for,perhaps it's for easy installation for the tower front panel connection to the mobo?

GaT7 17:21 08 Oct 08

retep888 is right about uGuru being software click here. Never liked it myself, preferring to tweak settings in the BIOS instead.

"Abit.....but now taken over by Asus." - not heard of that before - do you have a link please? G

veryoldgit 21:49 08 Oct 08

Thanks for your speedy reply retep888.The row of pins Iam refering to are clearly marked uGuru.

retep888 00:10 09 Oct 08

Sorry about the misleading,what I meant was I used to be an Abit fans but now this obsession was taken over by Asus.(My English,haha.) :0)

veryoldgit
Sorry,I can't help you with the uGuru pin because I haven't used Abit for a long time.
Might be if you read the uGuru mannual before you Ram'ed it,you could have known something.

global-killer 15:53 13 Oct 08

Bought a Abit motherboard a while ago (2-4 Years I think) and it came with a front hardware panel with temp monitors on it.
Clipped into a spare 5.25 case slot.
This H/Ware had to be connected to the set of pins on the M/Board.
The Guru software had also to be ran to get this to work.
I suspect the H/Ware pins on your board were used for this purpose then, but probably due to cost have all gone S/Ware only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…