Aaaaaaargh which monitor to get?

ennogs 03:52 AM 11 May 13

I have been reading a lot of monitor reviews but always get put off after reading the pros and cons summary. There is always something in the cons that puts me off. I thought it would be better getting a recommendation from somebody on here.

I am after a 28 - 30" monitor. It will be used for watching movies, gaming and web browsing. I am looking to pay up to £750 ($1,150).

Anybody have a recommendation for me?

Terry Brown 09:23 AM 11 May 13

I bought a Hanns.G monitor about a year ago, and it has not given me any trouble, On a Digital cable I get 1024 * 1024, which is fine for me, I do not play HDMI TV or Games, however the specs are well within range for it.

That was my choice after checking what was available, however others may have a better option. Terry

tigertop2 11:17 AM 11 May 13

For that sort of Budget I would be looking to buy a 27" Dell U2713H or a Viewsonic VP2770. Both have 2560 x 1440 resolution

Whatever you choose try and get one with 120Hz, rather than 60Hz, capability. I find on both of my monitors that makes a big difference

Mr Mistoffelees 12:02 PM 14 May 13

Around £910 will buy you a Dell U3014 from Amazon, otherwise you are looking at a 27" monitor, if you want to stay within your budget.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things