9800 pro, paid for 128bit, got 256bit

shaun44 18:22 08 Mar 05

Hi there.

As the title says, i purchased a ati radeon 128mb ddr 256bit in June last year. I have noticed lately that the performance of it was nowhere near as good as it should be. So I downloaded ATITool. To my horror I found that it is the 128bit version(this can be verified with various pictures of the memory arrangements). I paid for the 256bit version, as the descripton says.
Anyway, I contacted the shop(aria) and they said that nothing can be done about it because it has been so long. Normally I woud agree, but because of the fact that I would never normally download a program such as ATITool, I had no idea that this was the case until today, nor had any reason to believe elsewise, as it is not written on the product.

Where do I stand on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Shaun

Modo 19:01 08 Mar 05

You are entitled to compensation.

You would be pushing your luck to claim anything like the full value of your purchase.

Start by researching the price difference between what you ordered and what you have got at the time it was delivered.

Add a reasonable sum for incovenience.

Write to aria's MD - with proof of posting. Tell hime he has 14 days to resond.

Get the address from your invoice or research at

click here

Lay out the facts in your letter and say you are prepared to be reasonable but you INSIST on being compensated. Tell him that if you cannot be satisfied by return correspondence you will issue a County Court Claim. Add that all future correspondence costs will be claimed at £5 per item plus Recorded Delivery as charged.

Include in your letter a copy of the County Court N1 claim form. Download it from

click here

This concentrates their mind, and in my experience curtails any attempts to fob you off.

Remember be polite, totally truthful but very firm.

shaun44 19:22 08 Mar 05

hi Modo

Yeah i'll try that- but I was only after a replacement of the card, so that i get the one that i paid for, would this not be a bit over the top?

Thanks for you help by the way.

shaun44 19:44 08 Mar 05

edit****

Title should read

'9800 pro, paid for 256bit, got 128bit'

Modo 22:27 08 Mar 05

You would be pushing your luck to claim anything like the full value of your purchase.

Go for the realistic.

You've had the card for 12 months without noticing.

As some geezer said a while back "Do unto others as you would have done to yourself."

Or in my language. You haven't won the lottery but you have a complaint.

REMEMBER "What goes round comes round".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…