97p inc vat

Diemmess 16:49 31 Aug 07

That's the current price for Tom Tom at PC World
click here
i went to checkout and was told

Sorry, due to high demand the item is not available.

Oh well!

oresome 17:28 31 Aug 07

The delivery price is a bit steep for a 97p item ............ it might deter some.

techie4me 18:18 31 Aug 07

Would be interesting to see if PCWorld honoured that price, I doubt it though.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:33 31 Aug 07

A price tag is only an indication of the final agreed amount.

G

wags 18:42 31 Aug 07

This is a mere invitation to treat and PCW can quite legitimately refuse to sell it at this price i.e reject any 'offer' that you make.

rdave13 18:50 31 Aug 07

It's not one of these buy a "photo of" is it..?

FungusBoggieman 21:10 31 Aug 07

shame there store prices wern`t like that
only had them onc on some photo paper true price 11.95 shelf mark up 1.95 good thing was i got premium photo paper that laster over 6 month
ha ha

Dizzy Bob 23:05 31 Aug 07

I think you will find tha it is an extremely old model (photo looks like an original TT Go)

If you can find one, it will probably be 97p instore as well. It is possible there is one on a dusty shelf somewhere!

Anything ending in a 7 (ie £xx.x7p) denotes a clearance item that has had the price reduced to clear. Any tha are left on the stock file when the price has dropped that low is likely to be in an unsaleable condition (for instance it could be a display model with a broken screen - but still showing on a stores stock file)

That said, sometimes things go for silly money. I have seen a 42" plasma go for £37 (in poor condition but working - missing remote, stand etc)

Try asking your local store to do an 'Eclipse search' and see if anyone is showing one in stock (but i would strongly suggest contacting them to check the condition of it before making a journey to buy!!)

Good hunting!

DB

Diemmess 09:11 01 Sep 07

I don't want a Tom Tom anyway. - Clicked a link from Aol sign on screen and @ 97p + carriage I wanted to see what the snag was ........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now