7dayshop.com..Interesting News about Vat.

spuds 23:51 30 Jul 04

There as been a major problem with the way 7dayshop have despatched goods to the UK, and people have become very confused if customs duty and postal handling charges have to be paid on the items sent.

7dayshop as now amended their website,as of Friday 5pm 30/07/2004, stating that they will now pay the UK vat click here

ensonricky 08:40 31 Jul 04

Thanks spuds, I've never had a problem myself but very interesting.

Wilham 12:29 31 Jul 04

Is this the end of delivery in multiple jiffy bags, each containing films, carts, etc., to max value £17 or £18 ?

anchor 12:59 31 Jul 04

Good news; hopefully this will not mean an increase in their prices.

spuds 13:13 31 Jul 04

oresome 17:53 31 Jul 04

Nice to see that consumer power can influence policy.

Also demonstrates the responsibility of the FE to ensure fairness. With the potential of a 100,000 readers and people they talk to making decisions based on threads in this forum, the effects on a business could be devastating.

ayrmail 21:09 31 Jul 04

Stumbled across them through this forum prices looked great so I ordered 2 64mb XD cards for me camera, ordered on wed night and I think postie left them with neighbour this morning but now there not in, would seem pretty good for £1.95pp

anchor 07:37 01 Aug 04

I read on another forum that their prices on the more expensive items, (such as cameras and lenses), have now increased significantly. Low priced items seem unchanged.

I suspect that this new policy will dramatically effect their sales of the more expensive items. Having looked on their site I see that the new prices are very similar to the UK based competition.

anchor 08:24 16 Aug 04

7dayshop have just dramatically reduced their new VAT inclusive prices on many, (perhaps even all), cameras.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…