64Bit Windows XP 360 Day Trial

tbh72 11:38 05 Feb 04

click here

Here's the link, enjoy!!!

Stuartli 12:54 05 Feb 04

You're happy being a guinea pig then...:-)

Stuartli 12:55 05 Feb 04

..to think about it, we're all permanent guinea pigs as far as any Microsoft software program is concerned...:-)

tbh72 12:57 05 Feb 04

No No No im not a guinea pig!!! I don't have the technology to run the operating system. I think it's been developed for the AMD Opteron.... Sounds like something out of "Capt. Scarlet"

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:04 05 Feb 04

'Windows XP 64-Bit Edition is designed to address the most demanding needs of technical workstation users who require large amounts of memory and floating point performance in areas such as mechanical design and analysis, digital content creation and scientific and high-performance computing applications.'....so that would be home computers out of the equation then.

G

anchor 17:02 05 Feb 04

If you have the current PCA Best Buy PC, then it will be of interest.

click here

Stuartli 17:24 05 Feb 04

I'm sure my Intel Celeron 400 (full retail boxed version complete with cooling fan, anti-static bag and instructions) will cope quite happily with whatever version of Windows it meets up with.

It's the rest of the system that will let it down....:-)

Mysticnas 17:55 05 Feb 04

i doubt that a 64-bit OS would run on a 32-bit system at all!

correct if i'm wrong.

A Cat Called George 18:18 05 Feb 04

64 bit Windows will only run on a system with a 64 bit cpu. At the moment it will only install succesfully on systems sporting an AMD Athlon64 or Opteron cpu. It will not work on a Celeron equiped pc.

powerless 18:24 05 Feb 04

click here ;-))

Forum Editor 18:56 05 Feb 04

and enjoy your computing - this isn't something that would interest (or be of any real value to) the average home user.

No doubt some day we'll all be doing our stuff in a 64-bit operating system, but for the time being I'm happy to shuffle along with Windows XP plus the SP2 release which I'm currently beta testing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…