6 month old Printer needs a service !

jack 08:46 01 Dec 05

This R300 is a service replacement acquired in June.
It is on its 3rd set of carts and has I guess printed in the region of the equivilent 50 A4 sheets of images on the InkJet transparency setting plus a similar amount of black only and a couple of CD's
The is current set of carts is about a month in and has had yet little service.
To day I got the nag - cant recognise the Carts.
Removing them and reinstalling them after SSC utility was actioned- sorted it.

I am now getting the 'Printer needs service'
nag- surely not all ready!
I've E mail Epson -in the nicest possible avuncular manner -We await a response

spuds 10:05 01 Dec 05

Normally when an Epson states that it needs service, the surplus ink pot is full.Doesn't reflect very good as a service replacement unit.The usual cheapest and quickest remedy 'another replacement'.

Allah'u'Abha 14:37 01 Dec 05

The service message comes up when the waste ink pads are full (or at least when the printer thinks they are full), I've removed these myself (use disposable gloves!)and washed and dried them then refit, you then clear the service message by following these instructions:

To reset the Internal Waste Ink Pad Counter
Turn off the power.
Turn it on again whist holding down both the paper & ink buttons.
When the paper light starts flashing, immediately release both buttons and then hold down the ink button for at least 10 seconds.

The printer should self-check and work normally again.

Hamish 15:55 01 Dec 05

click here This site may or may not help

pj123 13:59 02 Dec 05

An Epson service rep told me some time ago:

Never switch the printer off then it doesn't go through the initialisation routine and therefore doesn't waste ink on startup.

I have two Epson printers an 895 and an R200. Always left on. Not had any problems with either.

jack 14:36 02 Dec 05

Epson are going to send a man!
quick quick - hide the compats syringes and all.

Allah'u'Abha
Thanks for that time have made a note.
Also if you have removed R300 pads - How please.
I have done it with a Stylus 750
Each model is different.

Hamksh -Thank you forthe link - I am member of that list but this prob didn't show.

jack 14:39 02 Dec 05

Epson are going to send a man!
quick quick - hide the compats syringes and all.

Allah'u'Abha
Thanks for that time have made a note.
Also if you have removed R300 pads - How please.
I have done it with a Stylus 750
Each model is different.

Hamksh -Thank you forthe link - I am member of that list but this prob didn't show.

oresome 19:31 02 Dec 05

If your printer was out of warranty and you got this prompt, what are you supposed to do?

Getting the engineer to call can hardly be economically viable. I suspect it might as well say "Please dispose of carefully".

Or does the handbook provide DIY service information?

jack 20:26 02 Dec 05

Oresome.
I first aquired a R300 about this time 2003.
It expired in June this year -6 month out of warranty. I told all to Espon explaining the nature of the fault.
They offered a 'Fixed price [£45]service exchange item, which I accepted- it arrived by FedX next day, tehey taking the old one away,.
This too carries a 12 month warrenty.
So now this one has expired they fix or replace - at their cost.

oresome 19:04 03 Dec 05

Thanks Jack.

The £45 service exchange was cheaper than I would have anticipated, especially with a 12 month warranty.

Several yars ago, I used to have dot matrix printers repaired by Epson and the cost equated to more than the original purchase price, >£100 for repair ....... If I could have purchased new ones with the required serial interface at the time I would have.

Think I'll stick with my Epson Stylus 700 for a while longer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…