5.1 Surround Sound

Suzuki ITFC 16:26 04 May 05

I have bought some 5.1 Logitech X350 speakers and now want a 5.1 sound card. I have seen many cheap ones on ebay and amazon, would this be o.k for music and games or do I need a Creative Soundblaster or simlar.

Thanks in advance

Diodorus Siculus 16:48 04 May 05

You can get a Soundblaster Live 5.1 for £15 or so. The very cheap ones are ok but it depends on what you want to spend on it.

Joe R 17:28 04 May 05

Suzuki ITFC,

If you want a card with EAX, and Dolby as standard, you will find this hard to beat.

Joe R 17:28 04 May 05

Oops,

click here

polish 20:34 04 May 05

i purchased a sound blaster audigy 2 zs from lowest on the web fantastic sound card with all the bells and whistles for £46 you will notice a big difference compared to the cheaper cards

Suzuki ITFC 18:13 05 May 05

I have gone for the CREATIVE - 7.1 SOUND BLASTER LIVE! 24-BIT
Price: £22.95
click here

Total Care Support 23:18 05 May 05

Suzuki you have not siad what beyond you are planing on using the card for game play? music? music mixing? video editing? recording you playing your drum kit?

for standard gaming and music cd's and downloads I would personnelly agree with Diodorus Siculus, older technology in this field can still provide a very strong service without costing a arm and a leg or if you wish to splash the cash you can show off (lol) buying a top end card.

Again personally buying from ebay with regard to computer components I feel more than anything else you can not ensure you are going to get a good deal, what warranty or protection will you get etc why are they selling it, (back of lorry, its stopped workingand so on and so forth) down side with IT components bought second hand you dont know its history and you have to rely on the person sending it too you that knows how to package it and earths themselves before they have handled it.

Call me conservitive but although I would buy a bowling ball from Ebay or things like that my gut warns me about copmuter stuff, now I know I might miss out on loads of good deals and I possibly am showing my age lol.

Daniel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…