500W Psu with GTX 660

zingy12 09 Jul 13

I am going to be upgrading my pc and I was wondering if I could pull of a GTX 660 OC Direct 2gb with a OCZ StealthXtreme 500W power supply. I will also have a I5 3470, a 1tb hard drive, and 8gbs of ram

Thanks!

Mr Mistoffelees 09 Jul 13

You should have no problem with that set-up.

zingy12 09 Jul 13

You sure it would work with the OCZ psu because it was a pretty cheap one and they are lower quality power supplies

Mr Mistoffelees 09 Jul 13

Your PSU's output exceeds the recommended minimum stated here: GTX 660 spec. Why do think there is anything wrong with OCZ PSUs?

mrwoowoo 09 Jul 13

I have the same graphics card, and it ran fine with a very basic 500W PSU before I upgraded it. You will have no trouble with the OCZ.

zingy12 10 Jul 13

Ok well thanks then, the reason I thought so was because a lot of people say that OCZ is a lower tier compared to for example Seasonic or Corsair which are more expensive

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message