>£500< camcorder recommendations...

AllZwell 19:20 24 May 06

Hello,

I've got Pinnacle Studio 9.4.3 on my PC (FX55/2 gig ram/250 HD (16 cache), and was wondering what a good "all-round" camcorder would suit my budget of about £500. I've read about the Panasonic NV-GS150EB in a mag - and has a 5 star rating - and is priced at £464 (inc vat) not looked round yet for latest prices. Is this a good buy? – it has 3 CCD’s BTW

Also, since I'll be recording musical performances a lot - good audio is also of benefit. Are "onboard" mike's on camcorders any good? - and can you had other mikes' to them should you wish?

TIA

Totally-braindead 19:25 24 May 06

Theres a review of 5 camcorders is this months PCA and the recommended Canon DC10 is listed as £499, others are slightly dearer.
What I would do is check out the "What..." magazine for reviews/articles.

Totally-braindead 19:25 24 May 06

Theres a review of 5 camcorders is this months PCA and the recommended Canon DC10 is listed as £499, others are slightly dearer.
What I would do is check out the "What..." magazine for reviews/articles.

AllZwell 20:06 24 May 06

Thanks TBD;)

Just seen that CanonDC 10 at Dixons for £359:) - were's the link to the review,

Cheers:)

AW

Totally-braindead 20:15 24 May 06

Its not on the site its actually in the magazine in an article called Finishing Tape page 114-122 of this months mag July 2006.

Totally-braindead 20:18 24 May 06

Just having a wee read of it and notice it says it has no microphone jack. I'd have a look at What camcorder magazine, you might even find the library has it, some larger ones have a lot of magazines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac