£500(ish) Laptop Recommendation Needed

darkster 08:41 25 Mar 07

Hey all,
I need a new laptop and my budget is around £500. I would like a dual core processor, Vista, Big HDD and 1GB RAM. I would really appreciate your opnions or recommendations.
Regards

Jake_027 19:47 25 Mar 07
  malgall 22:12 25 Mar 07

have you tried dell
just brought a computer from them
they were very helpful
ordered it tuesday turned up friday
and it great

FatboySlim71 23:17 25 Mar 07

Try these, excellent quality and customer service. I highly recommend them.

click here

The Brigadier 10:16 26 Mar 07
  Aspman 10:23 26 Mar 07

This is mine click here

£588 but you are getting £100 back from HP.

puma22 12:56 26 Mar 07

got this last week. click here Don't worry about it being vista business. Seems to have everything XP has. Also has 2GB ram.

darkster 17:16 26 Mar 07

Thank you all for the advice. I must admit I am leaning towards Dell as I have just bought a Dimension 9200 desktop from them and been very impressed with the performance and service. The inspiron 6400 also has dedicated graphics which, I assume would stop the system robbing RAM to run Vista's graphics? I might wait a few more days and see what pcworld & comet have in their Easter sales. I also like the look of; click here from an aesthetic point of view. Thanks again guys!

puma22 19:16 26 Mar 07

If you want to wait a few weeks, keep checking this website click here as Dell change their prices at least twice a week. Someone on here posts the latest dell offers, usually twice a week, Sat & Thurs.

Good luck with the buy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…