50 - and innings almost over...:-(

Stuartli 15:18 27 Mar 03

Just had an e-mail from Tiscali regarding my Tiscali 50 service:

"We are writing to advise you that as from 1st April 2003 Tiscali will resume billing for any Internet calls over the 50 hours per month allowed as part of your package. In accordance with the terms and conditions any Internet calls made over your 50 hours per month limit will be charged at 1p per minute".

Since I've been getting away with murder for many months now I suppose I can't complain, but it's still disappointing...:-)

powerless 15:40 27 Mar 03

I thought you were going to go on about some cricket match.

So then does that mean about an hour and a half on internet per day?

90mins/day!

Then you have to pay for it...

O U C H !

Tenner 17:05 27 Mar 03

And if you try to ask for help, you'll be routed around the sub-continent at 50p per min. We were passed between 5 different 'operaters' yesterday, cos Tiscali had taken over our ISP and messed up the connections.

Regards

Stuartli 18:39 27 Mar 03

I have no problems using Tiscali's e-mil service if I do, by any chance, have problems.

Usually a response within 24 hours.

Stuartli 18:42 27 Mar 03

About four to five hours normally...:-)

When I first joined WorldOnline (as Tiscali was then) I paid £14.99 a month for unlimited monthly access - amazingly that price also included £9.27 for telephone line rental. I switched the telephone account from BT for cheaper phone calls as well.

Eventually WOL cottoned onto the fact it wasn't making money and then Tiscali put me on the Tiscali 50 scheme. That used to be £5.99 for unlimited access but restricted to a total of 50 hours; last year it went up to £7.99, still good value.

Not many people still have the benefit of the 50 and 100 scheme; hardly surprising in view of the use I managed to get in...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…