£50 cash back on Mobile Phone....

Seth Haniel 14:47 07 May 08

How many people forget this offer ---- as the phone companies won't contact you after the 6 months offering it - that's if you can track the company down.
When my 6 months part of the bargain was up - of course their contact phone number was unobtainable - my network supplier was able to give me their new number and I got their address and sent my proofs of bills payed. After three weeks with no response I again tried phoning - to find that number and the address had also gone. By chance I found another company address and on ringing said have you just moved from ..... and they said yes. So she got my account up and had the bils in front of her. But had to see her suppervisor before sanctioniong. A week later they were still on her desk and after checking with me how much I wanted she then phoned back later to confirm cheque was in post - now received - i'll let you know if it bounces :(

BryanR 15:10 07 May 08

Virgin gave the choice of either £100 off the phone bill, an iPod Nano or a free PSP (providing I signed up to an 18-month contract). I went for the PSP (I would never have bought one, but fancied it to help pass the time on train journeys to work). I completed the form as soon as I received my phone, sent it back, and was deligthed to receive my free PSP around 4 weeks later. I'm sure the majority of customers forget about the offers though.

spuds 16:34 07 May 08

Scary things these mobile phone cash-back offers. Last week there was a program on television about mobile phone companies in general, many people have been left with no come-back on the service providers, but they are looking into it!.

One other interesting part of the program , was using the mobile on a roaming basis. According to the EU spokesperson, the UK government agreed on a higher call charge rate, instead of what the EU had recommended.

MrCutter 16:45 07 May 08

Their was a program on mobile phones on Channel 4 Despatch's the other week.
It stated that the practice of cash back offers sometimes never came to fruition.

I much prefer something off when i buy a phone like in-car charger/case/more memory/handsfree kit etc.
Cash back offers do not interest me as they can so easily go wrong!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…