4th Motherboard Failure - PC World Coverplan

Alistair1088 14:19 24 Nov 09

I have a Toshiba Qosmio laptop which I bought from PC World in 2006

Alistair1088 14:38 24 Nov 09

I bought a Toshiba Qosmio laptop from PC world in late 2006 and took out their PC Performance Coverplan. Fast forward a year and a few days to the end of 2007 (so just out of the manufacturer's warranty) and the laptop fails - coloured lines on the screen on start-up, then goes to blue screen and dies. So I called PC Performance and arranged repair, after a lot of hassle I got the latop back just within the 6 week period. A month or so later the same problem happens again, so I get it sent for repair again. 9 months down the line (early 2009) and the same problem re-occurs, so again send off for repair and get it back. The laptop has now failed with exactly the same problem again.

Each time the laptop is sent off for repair I've been told they've replaced the motherboard (one of the service dockets says that this was at a cost of £450 to them).

I've called PC Performance again and was told that the only thing they could do was send it off for repair again. I've had enough of sending off my laptop for up to 6 weeks knowing that a few months after I get it back it'll fail again. It appears to me I was sold a laptop which has an underlying fault, it just took over a year to manifest itself initially. Does anyone know where I stand on this? So far its cost PC World around £1500 to repair my laptop 3 times - far more than the laptops worth so it seems non-sensical to get it repaired again! Does anyone know how I'd go about getting them to recognise that it has an underlying fault so I can get an equivalent replacement?

Any help is appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now