£400 on a Laptop

drewett 11:47 22 Jan 09

Basically i need to get a new Laptop and i'm looking at spending no more than £400.

I will be only using the Laptop for basic word processing, surfing the net, storing music+films and it must be able to run Football Manager 09.

I have come accross a couple of options and was just looking for peoples opinions and recommendations.

1. click here

2. click here

3. click here

4. click here

Thanks in advance.

Joe R 13:28 22 Jan 09

Judging by specification alone, I would suggest that, any of the first two, would easily cope with your game, not have any problems with your other requirements.

The Samsung has a slightly better graphics chipset.

drewett 16:51 22 Jan 09

What if i was to add these two Sony's into the mix
click here

click here

Would one of these be better?

pcmags 17:13 22 Jan 09

Try Staples, PCWorld, Tescos, Lidl or Aldi

drewett 15:26 23 Jan 09

Out of the Laptops i've listed included the two Sony's, what one would you say is the best buy?

monkeyboy21 17:26 23 Jan 09

I have the HP6735s which i purchased just before christmas. I'm very happy with it, and the service offered by ebuyer. I particularly like the matt screen offering no reflection (and no distractions,) the build quality is good and the matt black look is nice. I can't tell the difference between intel and AMD in regular use. It's a great value laptop!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…