3d CAD software

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj 15:35 28 Dec 04

I use Autocad for building plans but would like to use one of the more simple to use home design software packages for 3d imaging it would need to be able to import my .DWG files does anybody have any recomendations?

accord 19:53 28 Dec 04

click here

I have turbocad v9 but havent had time to learn how to use it so cant comment on the ease of use.

Curt 09:49 30 Dec 04

Apart from the cost, with your experience in AutoCAD you should consider Architectural Desktop which works in 2D/3D and is very good for working up from sketch design etc - the front end can be quite 'intimidating' however!

jmarven 10:42 30 Dec 04

The forum police didn't like my nickname so this is my new one. Thanks for the advice I will look at these two options. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

spuds 11:07 30 Dec 04

You will find that long titles similar to your original username style can mess up the forums display on other users screens, like wide pages etc.

Regarding your original question, I found that a simple google search came up with some very good alternatives.Some sites offered a free download, and others offered trial basis. Well worth considering before you perhaps spend unnecessary funds.

Forum Editor 11:29 30 Dec 04

i.e. me, doesn't like being referred to as such either. There are good reasons for not allowing such usernames, jmarven.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…