320gb external HD

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:57 15 Apr 06

Anyone considering buying a new external HD could do worse than go to PC World where they are flogging a 320Gb Toshiba external for £110. PCW expensive..yeah right ;-))

G

Forum Editor 11:44 15 Apr 06

but is it big enough for all those letters to the local rag, and my Virgin wine orders?

Totally-braindead 11:46 15 Apr 06

20 gig smaller but £10 cheaper click here mind you have postage over and above the price.

Gamdalf I'm sure you realise yourself that PCW are expensive when compared in general to other retailers. PC World is convenient and theres lots of them and of course since they are actual shops their overheads will be much more. But if you need something and you don't need it desperately then it makes sense to check the prices others are charging. When I was looking for a new DVD writer a while back I saw the same one I have on "Special Offer" at my local PC World. The price £55 I think it was. Checked all my usual online retailers and they were all selling the same item at about £35-40 and that wasn't a special offer that was their normal price. Price paid including P&P was something like £41. PC World do sometimes have good deals, especially on entire systems and for the convenience or I must have it now purchase then fine but its still expensive in general. Of course sometimes is worth paying the extra as you can easily take it back rather than have all the hassle getting a RMA and then posting it back etc etc.

Totally-braindead 11:47 15 Apr 06

Sorry about the misspelling Gandalf I've got a cold just now, must be spreading to the fingers I think.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:35 15 Apr 06

'and my Virgin wine orders'...so it would be 2 x 320Gb then. ;-))))))

G

pipedream 18:21 15 Apr 06

I never thought I'd say this, but I also found a competitive price at PCW this week! (a Belkin SATA PCI card at £19.99, actually £5 less than dabs.com).

However this is still very unusual other than for special offers - you have to admit that £14.99 for a 1.8m Belkin USB cable is a complete rip-off when you can get an identical Belkin one at Savastore for less than £1.50!!

Forum Editor 19:05 15 Apr 06

At least.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant