3.06GHz Laptops

Which manufacturers have one?? I have only seen 4.

Fujitsu, Novatech, Advent and Rock Direct.

Any others??

Also any of you own one? What are your thoughts and opinions.

malik4456 10:13 06 Jul 03

Why do you want to with 3.06Gh notebook .In my opinion limitation of notebook is coming not from CPU speed but from average VGA performance and slower HD .

-pops- 10:29 06 Jul 03

There is little point paying through the nose for an ulta high speed processor. Next week or so they will be old hat and virtually given away having been replaced by something that is 1% or so faster and considered the bee's knees.

Believe me, you won't be able to tell the in-use speed difference beween a 2.8 Gig and a 3.06 Gig processor, especially, as malik4456 says, with an average VGA and HDD.

Taran 11:40 06 Jul 03

I'd largely agree with the above.

The most important features of a laptop to me are normally screen quality, keyboard quality, battery life and connectability in roughly that order.

Then I go through warranty backup and term of cover and price to buy at point of sale.

After that, physical weight, size and CPU speed/memory/hard disk capacity start to enter the fray as worthwhile considerations.

I wouldn't like to use such a speed demon on the move since the cooling required will probably become irritating at times to say the least.

If it will be desk-bound to replace a tradition tower PC, fair enough.

As a mobile device though, unless you regularly have some pretty hefty needs for video editing, run some truly vast databasing tasks (which, if they require that sort of procesing power, should be run from a server anyway) or you are a games freak I'd say it's a total waste of money to go for something like that.

I stopped buying cutting edge specification when desktop and mobile processors overtook what we were all using in dedicated servers just a couple of years ago.

I guess I'm just an old stick in the mud.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…