3 Issues for a £1

User-312386 16:36 04 Apr 05

Hi all

I have just been phoned by a "Marketing firm" advising of 3 issues of PCADVISOR(dvd version) for £1.

Now this chap advised that if i give him my bank details they would take £1 out in 2 weeks and then send me the next 3 months issues for that cost. To good to be true?

Is this bonafida?

He would not send me an e-mail to confirm this as i am somewhat hesistant to give out my bank details over the phone without knowing who it's from.

Anyone else had this happen?

Magik ®© 16:42 04 Apr 05

not yet Tony, think i would keep the credit card in the pocket........ :-)

genuinefake 16:42 04 Apr 05

this has happened to other forum people. I, myself got it as an email.

ventanas 16:44 04 Apr 05

I got the email as well, but the links on it didn't work.

genuinefake 16:45 04 Apr 05

mines worked fine..

pj123 17:02 04 Apr 05

Didn't this come up some time last year as well?

I seem to remember something about it and although I didn't respond to the thread it was deemed to be "genuine".

Starfox 17:11 04 Apr 05

Far as I can remember it's a marketing scheme done by the magazine through an agency and it is genuine.

Don't blame you for not giving bank details though.

Sir Radfordin 17:18 04 Apr 05

This is more than likely a genuine offer, but you need to check what happens after the 3 months. In most cases you have to ring up and cancel the subscription otherwise you end up paying the full wack forever and a day.

ened 17:38 04 Apr 05

I posted a thread about it recently and the FE investigated it and confirmed it was legit.

sunny staines 18:28 04 Apr 05

some other mags doing the same offer plus a free computer tool kit, if you hold fire PCA may up the offer with something similar.

only drawback subscribers to the mags loose out.

User-312386 19:09 04 Apr 05

I would have gone ahead if this chap sent me some sort of e-mail confirmation whom he was from.

If i was PCA i would look into this firm and the way they operate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…