24" Monitor Suited for Movies, Xvid, X264 etc

ShadowK 18:31 04 Feb 09

Hey guys,

Beings as I got some great advice on here in the past I thought I'd come at you with my new dilemma :)

I'm looking to get a monitor for my PC (currently have 22" that has a stuck green pixel in the middle that refuses to budge whatever I throw at it) thats either 22" or 24" (preferably the latter). The thing I'm most unsure about it I'm wanting it to be good for playback of movies, in particular HD type files in x264.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking at spending around £200 but have seen some pretty decent 22" ones for £150. Just can't seem to find much info on movie playback (mostly focus' on gaming which I don't do on my pc; much more of a Console player).

Could anyone recommend me or give their oppinions on monitors? I have an HD Sapphire Radeon 3870 which should be more than capable of producing the HD signal and I have a 5:1 setup running off my inbuilt sound card (MA-69VM Gigabyte) with no problems.

Any help would be most appreciated!

K

ShadowK 19:15 04 Feb 09

Just found this one; click here

Very very tempted.... now onto google.

Grantrh 12:36 05 Feb 09

I have had a number of Samsung monitors over the years - and been pleased with all of them - try this:
click here

Grantrh 12:36 05 Feb 09

I have had a number of Samsung monitors over the years - and been pleased with all of them - try this:
click here

wjrt 17:35 05 Feb 09

click here|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A2|240%3A1318

gets very good reviews

wjrt 17:37 05 Feb 09

on e-bay samsung 2493HM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…