2011 socket or 1055 for a budget of £1000 to do gaming and heavy video editing?

ItzMasterz 11:26 30 May 15

Hey, I have quite a few question sorry so here goes. Ive been looking into building my own PC and have been searching around and found a CPU Intel I7 4790K that seems to have the specs that I would need at the moment, although this is a 1055 socket therefore meaning I would need a 1055 socket motherboard. Would this be a good idea or would it be better to get a 2011 socket motherboard to future proof it if I ever did want to upgrade however this then means that I would have to spend out more on a 2011 socket CPU which are considerably more than the 4790K. I am looking to do a lot of video editing with my PC and render along side playing hd games such as Skyrim, battlefield, etc. What would people recommend to do such things as these? Stick with the older 1055 or newer 2011 socket (that would last longer i think if i ever wanted to upgrade the cpu) for the things i would be looking to do with it? If people did recommend to stay with the 1055, would it be possible in the future when new releases come out to change the motherboard and cpu to a 2011 and would the GPU and ram etc still be compatible or would it depend? My budget would be somewhere around £800 but could span to £1000. Any answers would be appreciated! Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac