1st time builder

pickle factory 19:45 08 Apr 04

With the help of you educated people I'm gradually learning a bit and I'm about to venture into my first build from scratch. (It'll probably end up looking like roadkill, but Hey Ho). Any wizardly suggestions on equipment 'Must have's' or 'Must not have's' that might help me avoid building a Frankenstein monster. Some sensible idiot proof books might be useful if any one could recommend. Thanks peeps

Chaz10 20:01 08 Apr 04

you might find "haynes computer manual" usefull as it goes though computer building step by step (it's the same company that does those fantastic car manuals)its available here
click here

hugh-265156 20:01 08 Apr 04

some good videos to watch on the subject may come in useful click here

pickle factory 20:13 08 Apr 04

Cheers folks, all looks useful

ade.h 22:28 08 Apr 04

Take your time; get your workspace clean and tidy; lay out every tool you might need; be very careful with circuit boards and hard disks, which are easily damaged by static; tackle the task after a hearty breakfast! Also look at this site click here

hugh-265156 23:40 08 Apr 04

forgot to give you the link to click here in my last posting.lots of good info here too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…