190 Sony MD 74's for 19 Pence

tbh72 23:30 04 Oct 03

Just thought I would share my bargain with you folks on the forums.

Would you like to know who is selling them at this bargain price. ASDA

Jester2K II 23:43 04 Oct 03

Where?

tbh72 23:50 04 Oct 03

Asda Supermarket - Norwich have sold out!!!!

tbh72 00:34 06 Oct 03

Well it's been a whole 24 hours or 6 Asda trading hours, I can't believe know else has took up this fantastic discontinued bargain!!!!

If you've cleared the shelves at your local Asda let hear about it!!!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:43 06 Oct 03

I'm totally lost here.

G

tbh72 00:52 06 Oct 03

Ok, I'll start at the begining. I needed to purchase some Blank Sony Minidiscs. Asda had the best deal listed on their website. 5 disc & a 10 disc case for £4.88. Whilst looking through the other makes etc I noticed just plain old boxes of 10 discs for £8.88 reduced from £9.97 so I took a box of them too. With my bit's & bob's I estimated the bill to be about £25.00 the lady asked for £15.76.

I checked the receipt & sure enough the box of ten had been sold to me for 1p, I got two more boxes from the shelf and went back to the checkout & told the lady I would purchase all the boxes if they were selling them at this price. She scanned them & they came up at 1p each box and she summoned the supervisor whom replied they have been reduced as they are discontinued, true to my word I bought them all.

Regards
T

Stuartli 15:00 06 Oct 03

Someone, somewhere erred - you gained the benefit....

Just count your blessings and remember that, in cases such as this, the big names such as Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury etc stand by their word, even if they make a mistake.

In fact Tesco gives you double your money back as well if it charges the wrong price at the tills and lets you keep the item.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…