19" LCD First Time Buyer - Advice

Phil930 18:38 13 May 06

I am in the market for a 19" LCD. I recently moved from the U.K to the U.S.A and can get some good deals on Newegg. However, when it comes to advice you can't beat the people on PC Advisor forums!

The following interest me:
1) Viewsonic VX922 $270
click here

2) Viewsonic VX924 $295 out of pocket / $255 after rebate
click here

My computer uses are gaming (25%), internet use (60%) and word processing (15%).

The viewsonic VX922 seems to have higher specifications with a 650:1 contrast ratio and a faster response time. It is also cheaper than the VX924. Is there something special about the VX924 that I am unaware of?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

the old man 19:05 13 May 06

For info the VX924 is cheaper in UK by about £30 on cheapest prices found. Going by that bargain seems to be the VX922 at your prices.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:42 13 May 06

Looking at the detailed specs the 922 seems to be the better monitor, as well as only $15 extra. I know it is the one I would buy of the two.

rdave13 20:44 13 May 06

Personally I would go to a store that could demonstrate a working model that you could see and view the monitors for yourself. What might seem good for you might not for others. The refresh rate is important but so is the shade of white. Anyway best of luck in the USA.

Jimmy14 22:05 13 May 06

I bought an HP 19" screen in April and I have to say that the quality and build of it is excellent. the colours are displayed crisp and clear on it and it was only £230 so it was well worth the money. Even the built in speakers are great quality.

Go For HP

Totally-braindead 13:24 14 May 06

I'm with Rdave13 on this one. Theres no harm getting a short list and doing some research into what monitor to get, in fact its pretty much essential.
But I've read reviews of monitors that said they were brilliant and when I saw them they didn't appear all that good to me. I think theres a lot of personal preference in this sort of thing and what appeals to me may not appeal to you. Try to see them working if you can, especially with moving pictures such as a fast action DVD and perhaps a game if you can.

rmcqua 20:29 14 May 06

Just out of interest, where have you moved to? I lived in MA for 4 years.

Phil930 22:35 31 May 06

Sorry for very slow reply, I had to go to Orlando for a while on short notice.

As it happened I went for the VX922. At £150 I don't think it can be that bad, considered the price these launched for and the price they still sell for today.

rmcqua - I am located in Atlanta, Georgia.

Many Thanks to all for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…