19 insTFT's - Which One? Steering Needed

Mark-323050 20:35 20 Aug 04

Hi,
I'm a novice when it comes to TFT monitors and now the 'better half' has decreed that I can have a new monitor. So I'd like a 18 - 19in TFT to replace a Ilyama 19in CRT.

I'm not sure if I need the following.
1)DVI input
2)Switchable from landscape to portrait
3)Be able to watch DVD's
4)Don't need it for playing games though

I know some manucfacturers offer a zero tolernce on dead pixles - which manufacturers are these?

Any help gratefully accepted.
Cheers
picleo

byfordr 23:36 20 Aug 04

click here lm929 picked up 2 of these...nothing but praise. Portrait is easy with pivot pro software (and screen that easily rotates) dvi, 25ms refresh rate. No problems with games, dvds, photos and general pc work. Iiyama also do a nice line in tft screens.

I think CTX are the only company with zero (class 1) pixel policy and that only for 3 months. Most manufacturers comply to a class 2 standard which allows a few dead pixels before changing. I did hear the AOC had a unofficial swap out policy for dead pixels, but never having had any trouble I can't confirm this. Best bet it to go along to PC Woe or other retailer with a high street presence and have a look...only your eyes can tell you what you like.

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…