19 inch TFT - Sub £400 - any good?

Diodorus Siculus 17:30 17 Apr 04

click here

Has anyone any experience of this; seems to me to be excellent value and I am tempted...

Rayuk 17:46 17 Apr 04

click here
A bit closer than you thought

Sir Radfordin 17:51 17 Apr 04

If it had a higher resolution my student loan wouldn't be lasting very long once it makes it into the bank on monday...!

Do you really need a 19 inch screen? Still a lot of money.

Diodorus Siculus 18:05 17 Apr 04

Rayuk - Why didn't I think of that? Thanks for it and it seems a fair review.

As Sir R intimates, the resolution is lowish - don't need a 19inch monitor, but I do need a new one and for the price, I am tempted to go that way.

Forum Editor 18:07 17 Apr 04

and provided you're prepared to accept the lack of a DVI connection - which will only be a problem if you buy a graphics card with no analogue connector - you have a bit of a bargain.

I recently acquired a 19" TFT screen and for me it's the perfect size. I previously worked exclusively on 21" CRT monitors (I still use them for certain jobs) and was a bit concerned that the 19" TFT would seem small by comparison - not a bit of it.

As Oscar Wilde once (reputedly) said: "There's only one thing to do with temptation - yield to it".

Diodorus Siculus 18:27 17 Apr 04

Forum Editor - thanks; I think that I will go for it. As for Wilde, I seems to live my life by his other witticism re. temptation: that I can resist everything but!

As an aside, any idea why I don't get an email saying that there has been a response to my posting?

spuds 20:48 17 Apr 04

CTX are a first rate company, with a great after sales department. I had a problem with a CTX computer system, replacement was a no-quibble event.

fuzzyone 21:21 17 Apr 04

Diodorus Siculus,

you may well like the look of this, if black is ok.
click here

fuzzyone 21:24 17 Apr 04

click here

Review here.

Diodorus Siculus 07:38 18 Apr 04

spuds - thanks for the reassurance re. CTX; I have experience of their machines and they do seem to be quality - good to hear that the support behind them is as good.

fuzzyone - that was worth a look and seems good value too.

byfordr 07:32 19 Apr 04

click here Forum eds choice...cheaper!

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…