£170 to spend on an MP3 player - wot r my choices?

ShorN 23:31 PM 16 Nov 05

Ive got a budget of about £170 to spend on a mp3 player, and was initially looking at an ipod nano. But only 4gb storage is putting me off.
What can people suggest as being a good player for this price range?

jbp1982 23:36 PM 16 Nov 05

I'd suggest going with a leading brand with that cash I'd expect 20gb storage or more.

My boss has a little black sony one with 20gb, looks good and sounds great.

StellaArtois63 00:10 AM 17 Nov 05

Personally I recommend the NEW Creative Zen Sleek 20GB MP3 player with FM tuner - holds up to 10,000 songs (personally I reckon its about 5000 songs converted to a decentlevel) and plays for up to 16 hours. The software is easy to use and I have had no problems with it. Its £175 on Comet website but shop around for the best price. My friend recommends iriver which is another good make.
I have heard that as good as Sony are they use a different format to convert the songs and can be a pain in the butt. I am sure people will correct me or enlighten you to the full details.

wjrt 00:22 AM 17 Nov 05

not the street cred of the ipod but what with battery and screen problems let the posers play with the ipod

jimmybond 01:10 AM 17 Nov 05

nope, sony.
people may harp on about the software, but once it's on your player, who cares if the GUI is crap....

GaT7 20:02 PM 17 Nov 05

A list of players £110-170 with at least 20Gb inbuilt storage (sorted by ascending prices) click here. Good luck with eventual choice & purchase. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off