17" TFT screen

techhelp 09:41 30 Aug 03

I have a 2800 Mhz Intel PC and omitted the 19" CRT screen hoping to purchase a good value 17" TFT screen. LG and Phillips seem to be good bets. Any suggestions for models would be of help, thanks.

Inigo 10:19 30 Aug 03

Perhaps look at Samsung too? Their SM172T looks fairly nice, but is fairly expensive (they do have cheaper models, though). Also, AOC do have some nice ones.

If you have a DVI port on your computer, then I'd advise getting a monitor which can support it - it greatly improves the quality.

Diver14 12:22 30 Aug 03

The current issue of PC Pro has a supertest of 17inch TFT's. Well worth reading to help you decide.

Inigo 17:56 30 Aug 03

Direct link to the online version of PC Pro's TFT superteest: click here

Djohn 19:21 30 Aug 03

Agree with Inigo, the LG is an excellent choice. I have the AOC LM720a 17" TFT, it's also an excellent monitor. I've had mine now for several months, spend many hours sat in front of it each day, Still an absolute joy to use! j.

marinbob100 19:30 30 Aug 03

Whats a DVI port?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Ron

neil.s 19:39 30 Aug 03

Digital Video Input ( I think), I hav a LG Flatron L170B, well pleased with it and I ran the AOC 15" TFT before that, only changed besause I wanted the larger screen size,
A wee aside every time I connect the DVI connection my ISDN connection acts up, connect sometime and not other, so I am just using the analogue lead, any ideas on that problem?

techhelp 10:28 01 Sep 03

Thank you all for the help and advice given to me. I looked at PC Advisor also and I opt for the LG I think, either 17" or 18". These screen cost as much as the PC. I will be looking for a lot of help over the coming months I am sure to get the PC set up correctly, so may well be a pain.

Southernboy 16:29 02 Sep 03

we can get a TFT screen without faulty pixels?

whybe 16:53 02 Sep 03

Is CTX the only one to do a 100% faulty pixel free guarantee on some of its models?

techhelp 19:32 05 Sep 03

Thanks, now resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…