11 Month Old Monitor Blows Up

BAC1-11 20:28 06 Jan 03
  BAC1-11 20:28 06 Jan 03

This afternoon thre was a flsh out of the cooling vents and the monitor died.

Naturally I will be trying to get to brand new replacement. My argument will you don't know what other damage was done when the PCB blew up.
Can anybody advise what the retailers (not PCW)position is, are they just obliged to repair it?

its fried 21:04 06 Jan 03

sounds pretty fatal, don't expect they will even attempt to repair it but i think after 11 months you have to give them the option to. if you have other probs when the monitor is repaired/replaced then you should be covered as the orignal fault was within the guarantee period.

vincem 21:11 06 Jan 03

Most monitors have an onsite warranty provided by the manufacturer. Have a look through your documentation that was with it as these warranties very often provide swapout service. Maybe worth a look.

ordep 22:03 06 Jan 03

Wish mine would blow up! would be the best thing for it i think as i still cant stop the flickering

spuds 23:46 06 Jan 03

Check your original warranty documentation.Most monitors have a 3 year swop-out guarantee.CTX plus one or two others, will deliver a replacement monitor within 1 working day.If your monitor had been supplied by PCW, then it would have been supplied with either a 1 year or 3 year warranty, depending on how you purchased.As you say that your monitor is only 11 months old, it would be covered by guarantee, so you should have no problems getting it replaced. Replacement is the key word, they will not necessarily give you a brand new model, but it will still be supplied with the remaining time warranty.

oresome 10:02 07 Jan 03

The trouble with a s/h replacement is that you may be a very light user and the replacement could have been in use several hours everyday for most of its previous life. Perhaps equivalent to several years of your useage.
Perhaps I wouldn't feel too bad after 11 months, but wouldn't be to happy with that arrangement if I'd had the original a couple of months say.

BAC1-11 10:57 07 Jan 03

I took it back to the retailer (A & P Computers, Guildford)who told they could deal with it or I could contact Sansung myself and either way I would get a swap out. The only down side would be it would take about a week to sort out regardless of which option I took.

Unprompted A & P then offered me a loan monitor of the same size while my original was being replaced. That's what I call service.

Stuartli 16:34 07 Jan 03

Most monitors these days come with a three year warranty.

A swap out should easily be achieved in 24 to 48 hours - iiyama do it by the next day if not too late in the day to arrange for a courier.

AdeJ 20:20 07 Jan 03

When my last monitor blew up I had a brand new swap the following morning from the manufacturer - couldnt have been happier with the service!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…