108mbps Wireless Kit Recommendations please :D

GibsonSt19 02:04 14 Dec 04

Morning,

I've decided it's time to go wireless and wondered whether any of you lovely folk could wholeheartedly recommend a specific wireless Modem/Router and matching PCI Cards?

I was looking at the newish Netgear DG834GT, however I've read nothing but complaint after complaint about it?

Any others I should look at for both 'none dropping of the connection...ness', good features and general value for money?

Ta lots

ricpat 21:39 14 Dec 04

I use a U S Robotics wireless gateway model 9106 nd 802.11g wireless turbo PCI adapter cards in both my computers have had no problem's to date aalso no problem to set up and also secure

Use topletter.com as my server £19-99 per month but they give a great service the old saying you only get what you pay for cheap is not alway's the best

Good luck
Ric

ricpat 21:41 14 Dec 04

Have also had no problem with dropped connection

ricpat 21:47 14 Dec 04

You should try Novatech Computer's Good price and great service
check there site ADSL £80-00
Ric

GibsonSt19 22:50 14 Dec 04

Are these 108mbps capable ricpat?

ricpat 20:46 15 Dec 04

I think that you require the USR018054 model on the web site of US Robtics it show's it at 100 mbps best check on there web site to be sure

ste_bla 09:53 16 Dec 04

I believe that the 100 & 108 mbps 'turbo' and wireless 'n' are yet not certified by the wifi group meaning that hardly any different brands even with same speed/spec are likely to work. Also seeing that BB is a max of 8mbit that even wireless 'b' would be fine..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…