10 mm thick photo paper?

Keithrow 15:23 26 Jun 03

I expect I am the umpteenth person to point this out but anyway......
I want to know which printer can print out photo's with the paper between 7mm and 10mm thick!
It's a long time since I went to school but I always thought 10mm was 1 cm!!
Page 72, August PCA.
I appologise if this topic has already been bashed to bits.
Keith

Wow, that's what you call very thick paper !!!

-pops- 16:15 26 Jun 03

Sure it's not MDF escaped from a TV house makeover programme?

wee eddie 16:38 26 Jun 03

Keithrow - I've just seen your bottom line.

If the issue of PCA coming out in June is tagged the August Issue, I have no problem with that.

Could you make the next issue "The Summer Issue" or it will be September and I'll have missed the summer altogether!

barrie_g 19:09 26 Jun 03

I want to see the album you would put a couple of hundred of those into.

ams4127 19:57 26 Jun 03

I repair aircraft for a living. Can I have some of that paper please?!! Easier to work with than titanium I would guess!

Andybear 21:23 26 Jun 03

Keithrow

The thickness of the Epson photo paper I use is 9 mil, which is 0.24mm. I don't understand it either :-)

Belatucadrus 21:26 26 Jun 03

You're right 10 mm is 1 cm and no printer is going to take anything that thick, photo paper and card is usually defined by weight gsm, or grams per square metre. Standard A4 copier is 80gsm, photo paper can be between 150 and 210gsm. 200gsm is about as heavy as most printers will comfortably take. Sometimes card is sold by thickness in micron, 1 micron (µm) - one millionth of a metre, so 10 micron would be way to thin for paper or card. Other than saying 10 mm is definitely wrong I'm not entirely sure what you would need.

Keithrow 22:18 26 Jun 03

Many thanks Belatucadrus, I'm pleased that you took this posting so seriously.
I, and most of the other contributors were, I hope, enjoying the vision of seeing the type of peripheral able to manage photo paper of these magnitudes. That and the sight of a happy digital photographer carrying his printouts round to show to his friends would be a sight for sore eyes.
Yes, we realise that the article written by Rosemary could probably contain errors.

Sir Radfordin 23:24 26 Jun 03

laugh away..click here

Forum Editor 23:45 26 Jun 03

is an American unit of measurement that equates to 1/1000 of an inch or 0.0254 millimeter. It's commonly used in the print industry when referring to film thicknesses for laminations or for direct printing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…