Norton beta sub renewal

Legolas 12:50 PM 07 Feb 09

Thought I would put this here as the beta section is almost closed down.

I need to renew the beta sub but when I click on renewal it takes me to the Norton web page but I get the message "Your Beta Subscription has already been renewed." and of course it has not, so how do I renew the beat sub or is that it till we receive our free subscription?

bjh 12:58 PM 07 Feb 09

You need to upgrade from the beta we tested, to current beta3. To do this, download the beta3, click here , then uninstall the beta we were testing, and reinstall the newer beta. It's a slightly better beta....

Norton, like many other sw companies, allows a beta to run until they feel it is superceded by a better version. The newer beta should install with a couple of weeks use, but should give a further 3 weeks on registration .... Hopefully the full version will be out by then but, if not, you can upgrade to beta 4 or 5 if they release one!

Legolas 13:09 PM 07 Feb 09

Thanks for that. I really should have known this as I did it when Beta2 came out. I must have had a senior moment. All working again.

sunnystaines 13:11 PM 07 Feb 09

I have just installed beta 3, delete prev beta first but opt to keep settings.

beta 3 runs perfect have no faults so far after a couple of days use.

you get a new key for each beta.

Forum Editor 15:15 PM 07 Feb 09

from Speakers Corner.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites