Norton 2012 test - let's get started

Forum Editor 17:34 PM 11 May 11

Welcome to those of you who were selected to test the beta release of Norton 2012. I need to start by offering an apology for the delay in getting this test under way - you'll be aware that we recently re-launched our website, and frankly we've all been pretty busy dealing with the inevitable glitches and tweaks.

We're finally ready to go however, so let's make a start.

All of you should have downloaded and installed the software, and you have probably had a chance to try it out. What we would like to know in this thread is how the installation went. If you encountered any installation problems please post about them here. Do not post on any other aspects of the software, and please do not start your own thread. Experience has shown that the test will work better if we all step through the various scenarios together.

Once we have the installation situation covered we'll start a new thread in which we will investigate performance.

That's all from me for now - over to you.

mobileman1953 19:55 PM 11 May 11

downloaded and installed without a hitch , windows home premium 32 bit,no problems at all

Forum Editor 23:21 PM 11 May 11

mobileman1953

Thank you. Yours may be the only post for a short while - we haven't quite finished registering all the participants in this special forum area.

rawprawn 16:56 PM 12 May 11

No problems at all it loaded seamlessly. Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit

mark2 18:44 PM 12 May 11

Installed smoothly on XP, previously running MSE, no warning that some components were still running in the background, however no problems caused by not uninstalling MSE 1st.

Newuser38 19:32 PM 12 May 11

Downloaded easilyand updated etc no problem

QuizMan 19:57 PM 12 May 11

All went without a hitch. I used the Norton removal tool to uninstall NIS 2011 and install took about 4 minutes. It even kept my identity safe settings and details despite the previous uninstall - I had backed up anyway.

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.

I am Spartacus 20:11 PM 12 May 11

Downloaded and installed without problems, very smooth installation. I uninstalled MS Security Essentials first though.

Ford Prefect 01 22:57 PM 12 May 11

No problems here. ASUS netbook with XP Home. Used and uninstalled MSE first.

Condom 23:06 PM 12 May 11

Downloaded a couple of weeks ago and it installed quickly and smoothly. Running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit with 4 GB Memory and 2 very large 1TB hard drives. Only a slight problem when activating the product key. It said it couldn't do it and to try again later when in fact it had done it.

woody 23:21 PM 12 May 11

Win xp - downloaded and installed no problems.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things