xp pro installation on new machine

colin-189600 13:52 20 Dec 04

I am trying to install xp pro on a new machine I have made. I have installed two seagate sata drives so I can raid for performance. My motherboard is a Asus k8v deluxe. When I am prompted to key f6 to install the raid driver, nothing happens ? Can anyone help out there ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:06 20 Dec 04

Raid drivers not on XP CD. Have you got the raid driver CD in the drive?

colin-189600 14:11 20 Dec 04

I have the raid driver on floppy disc, downloaded from asus. i can not install when prompted using the f6 key ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:18 20 Dec 04
  georgemac 14:19 20 Dec 04

yes, the best way is to have the raid driver on the floppy and press f6

are you sure the floppy drive is working correctly - does the light flicker on when you press f6 showing it is trying to read the disk?

where did you get the drivers - you should be using the ones from the motherboard manufacturers website click here ensure you load the raid drivers not the sata drivers - have never used these ones but you normally have to extract the drivers to the floppy - I have downloaded it to check - unzip all the files then run the makedisk.exe application to make the floppy

if the floppy light is on all the time the cable is connected the wrong way round

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…