Word processing machine problem

MIKE. 17:01 18 Jul 07

Sorry guys I know this site is for PC's etc. If you could help with any ideas my son would think his dad is a walking brain box. My son friend has word processor machines and I am the first to admit I know absolutly zero about these machines. The problem he is having is he cannot enter any data into the machine and from what I could understand the machine appears to be full. My question is are these machines much like a computer and occasionaly files need to be deleted to free up space or is there any other thing I need to do. Many thanks for any ideas

Jackcoms 17:04 18 Jul 07

Sorry can't help.

What on earth is a "word processor machine"?

Something that Noah used, perhaps?

Can you provide a photo or description?

MIKE. 17:08 18 Jul 07

As far as I know its a stand alone word processor will see it tomorrow. As I said never come across one before. I feel I am being led up the garden path by my sons friend.

brundle 17:12 18 Jul 07

They do exist, I've had occasion to transfer some files from a Brother model in the past - just a keyboard and minute 4 or 5 line LCD screen; that model used floppy discs and had very limited memory. More akin to an electronic typewriter.

tullie 17:13 18 Jul 07

Maybe hes not technicaly gifted,and its a PC lol

MIKE. 17:14 18 Jul 07

Thanks lads will see tomorrow and see if I can help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…