WINDOWS LAPTOP OR MACBOOK PRO...?

kirangowdabn 16:52 01 Aug 14

MY BUDGET : Rs 90,000 INR

MY PRIORITIES 1) i basically watch a lot of full hd movies 2) and i do some project related work of my engg final year (mechanical) and i use softwares like autocadd, pro-e, catia, solidedge etc and other modelling and design related softwares

These are my main two priorities.... does the macbook air/pro good enough for my priorities.... also i have heard that you can even install windows OS in macbook and can have dual boot option ( OS X/ windows 8)

i am even ready to shell out an extra 10-15k more (my intial budget was 70k ) if a macbook pro is worth it... also please explain me how the macbook pro fares against the likes of Dell Inspiron 15/ Lenovo Ideapad Y510 and HP envy Touchsmart 15-j133tx in real world keeping the specs aside...

IS IT REALLY WORTH BUYING A MACBOOK PRO OVER ITS WINDOWS COUNTERPARTS

finally should i buy the macbook pro or the dell/ lenovo / hp model mentioned above.... please suggest also i very much like the idea of owning a macbook pro....and a little bit inclined towards it also but i am apprehensive of its limited features.... thanks in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:09 01 Aug 14

10 differences here

very much like the idea of owning a macbook pro

Then you probably won't be happy until you do ;0)

Cheaper if you go via Apple refurbished

Ian in Northampton 08:28 02 Aug 14

In my biased view...

With a Macbook, you'll get a sexy piece of kit, quick, reliable, well suited for graphics/audio applications, not so prone to viruses/malware.

With a Windows laptop, you'll get something that is much cheaper, easier to upgrade, more available useful software and a wide choice of third party, inexpensive options.

The received wisdom is: first, choose your software - then choose the hardware platform that will run that software best.

But, as Fruit Bat says: there's a lot to be said for going with your heart...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…