Win an Apple iPod touch

goforit 19:42 04 Oct 09

I received an email with this enticement a couple of days ago from your organisation! However, when I clicked on the link expecting a survey, all I was asked to do was supply information on the number of employees in my organisation, their telephone number and my email address! When no further questions resembling a genuine survey materialised, I became slightly alarmed.

I sincerely hope I am not flooded with unwanted mail.

The web address was click here

Maybe I am too trusting in posts from this organisation!? I have been a forum member for quite a number of years now and always value the help and information received.

Please reassure me.

Forum Editor 19:53 04 Oct 09

of your employees. If you clicked to say that you had fewer than five employees in your organisation, or that you didn't know how many you had you would have exited the survey and been asked for your contact details in case you were randomly selected as the competition winner.

goforit 09:16 05 Oct 09

No, I was not asked for the personal telephone numbers of any members of staff, that would very obviously have been a no-no. But I did supply the telephone number of the organisation I work for.

goforit 09:19 05 Oct 09

No, I was not asked for the personal telephone numbers of any members of staff, that would very obviously have been a no-no. But I did supply the telephone number of the organisation I work for. I also clicked the button saying up to 500 employees.

But maybe it is because I work for a further education college that I got no further. Anyway, thanks for allaying my suspicions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant