Why is my mac so bad at correctly grouping email conversations?

RowanMilvvid 10:42 19 Apr 15

Hello,

I am a new mac user and I love it ... except for one thing. I am used to outlook on a PC and email conversations are grouped based on whether someone replied to that exact email. This system works flawlessly.

On my mac, it appears that emails are grouped based solely on the test contained in the subject. This works very poorly. I've been working on a macbook air now for a few months and this is driving me crazy. It was so easy before to find related emails - even months after they were sent/received. Now it's a nightmare. Conversations are inconsistently grouped (not all emails in the thread are included). Unrelated emails appear in the conversation thread, etc.

I have tried in outlook and the local mail app. Both work the same, so it seems to be an Apple thing.

I have also not been able to find a way to search for or identify related emails in another manner. On a PC, I could right click and select "find related" and instantly get a list of all previous emails related to that one by a reply, forward, etc.

Did apply really get every other usability thing so right and completely screw up this simple one? Is there a setting I can change? Is there a way to search for and find related emails that I haven't found.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers, Rowan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…