Which Laptop? PC or MAC? Please Help :-)

Tom-1708505 13:27 PM 25 Feb 11

I am looking to buy a new laptop from anything between £200-£800. PC or MAC.

Im having a little trouble deciding which would be best. As there are so many makes and types of PC laptops, it's very difficult to make the decision. Also, aswell as the laptops there may be additonal software costs involved. Here are my requirements

*Browsing the internet, writing letters, and playing music.

*Fairly Portable and Lightweight- will be using it to commute occasionally

*GOOD SOUND CARD! for Recording Music- I currently dont have any music software which is why 'Garageband' on the macbook appealed.

*Uploading pictures from my samsung phone onto the laptop, and voice clips from 'Olympus' dictaphone. The software to do this isnt compatible with a Mac...which is a major downfall, unless you run windows on a macbook. Which is going to be more costly....

*Virus- Free...I hear mac has built in firewire and less prone to virus's. Would I have to buy extra software to cover this on a pc? Norton etc.?

*Also i am not a big gamer, but I would like to run the latest football manager game 2011 so must be able to run 3d graphics and fit the system requirements.

*Good Make- Preferably soemthing which is proven to last for a good duration of time.

I understand this is alot to take in, but any help in the right direction would be much apreciated.

Cheeers.

bremner 17:44 PM 25 Feb 11

The cheapest Mac is £867 and that is the old white MacBook.

There are more than capable free antivirus programs available.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…